I am still trying to get a good photo of Berry since I clipped her a couple weeks ago. She did really good, even let me clip her ears without so much as a twitch or anyone else to hold her. She did however sit back on the rope about 5 times before breaking the snap, flipping over and heading out the driveway gates, half done. I had reached up to finish clipping her head. For whatever reason- she sat back on the rope. Lather, rinse, repeat until something breaks.
JR had been out back with me and had left to run up to the store. As he left, he had not closed the gates or chained them. As she trotted out the gates and up to the street, I called him on my cell phone. I thanked him for leaving the gates open, told him she was out in the street and then it happened. My voice dropped about 10 octaves and I blurted out, "I'm not real happy with you right now!" and hung up on him. I had a horse to catch.
I was able to get around her, get her headed back into the yard and finally walked up and grabbed her halter. I had her out back, a new rope on her and was clipping away at the rest of the hair on her head when hubby pulled into the yard. He had to stop because the driveway gates were closed. I finished clipping her and hosed her off. She managed to skin herself up a little in a few spots, nothing big and of course once she was loose, she rolled.
That weekend we also went to the open house at the Williams Gateway airport and seen the ai'planes. The girls had a blast and there was plenty to see. They also got to ride on a bus for the first time. Lots of excitement there for them.
Then we went to the CDE in Coolidge on Sunday. Lots of horses to be seen there. The hay cart pulled double duty as a stroller and the girls thought that was just great. We found a good spot with shade where we could watch 3-4 obstacles and watched the horses go through. There were a few Freisians, some Haflingers, a few Arabs & Arab crosses, a couple of Fjords, plenty of minis and just about everything in between. There were singles, pairs and a four up hitch.
So I went online to Engles Coach Shop in Montana and ordered new shafts for the meadowbrook. I had them on Wednesday and brought them home. I had hoped to have them on it and be able to put Kat to the cart last weekend. Yeah, it didn't happen.
What looked like a reasonably easy job, 5 bolts and a few screws on each shaft-----> turned into a major project. One which has my cart in several pieces. The axle and wheels over there, seats and spares box stacked over here, basket and undercarriage sitting on a pallet... A trip to the local hardware store for new nuts, bolts and screws and hopefully, (hopefully!) I can get it all put back together and hitch the little man this weekend. There are a few ADT's coming up and I would like to be competing in them... but I'm not going to rush things along either.