Monday, April 25, 2022

Grass Ridge cones

Lots of pics, so get your drinks and snacks. This was the next ADT after Coolidge where he Lit Up on me and showed me he could really RUN! 

Getting to the In gate to start 


Hit the gas....


Yes we did the whole course at a Full. on. Gallop!
 

Red on the right!


Stretching out in full stride. Wheeeee!



After we went through 8, I lost track of where 9 was. We circled around while I tried to find it. Locked in and continued on our way....


You can see we both drop our shoulder as we lean into the turn. 


Charge!


A few more cones to navigate as we make what turned out to be a double clear round- no balls down and no time penalties which come from being too slow. In fact we had the fastest time on course out of all the competitors that day. 


Loose reins and giving him his head


Thru #19 and on to the last cones #20...


Last one straight ahead! 


Go Little Man! Go!


Even in driving its ear, shoulder, hip, heel just a little differently. Look where you're going!


Victory Lap!


Little Man loved cones and running like what seemed almost out of control.


I was joking and hanging into the rein rail like I was scared. Dave said it was tough to see us on course from the vapor trails and dust we kicked up ripping around.  My feet always stayed at the edge of the cart so I could move around and try to keep the wheels on the ground. Such a Blast! 


2 comments:

Exploring Dressage Biomechanics said...

Great pictures!

Cut-N-Jump said...

They really are and I appreciate that he got to take so many and gave them to me on a disc. I miss Sheri and Dave as they were not only great competitors, but fun to hang around with as well.