Wednesday, November 7, 2012

So much to do

If you notice, the show and ADT are this weekend.  For anyone in the Phoenix area, the easiest way to get there is I-10 to Dysart Road, north to Camelback, west to the entry gate.  Lots of fun and if anyone is interested in volunteering one day or both- please email the organizers either thru the club website www.azcarriage.org or let me know and I can put you in touch.

I have been working Kat, mostly on the weekends due to time constraints and lack of lights. By the time I get home during the week it is already dark or soon to be. With no lit arena other than hauling to the horsepark, it just isn't happening. He is doing well enough though and I am not going to change things up on him right before the show. What he has been doing is working for the most part so why mess with it if it isn't broken?

I still need to clip him, trim his feet, braid him up, sort out the trailer lights and figure out lodging, food and a few other expenses. If it weren't on the other side of town, it may be an easier task. The CDE while still a bit of a distance away, was close enough that I slept at home every night. That was nice, but not always possible.

For those wondering, the show is $5 per entry office fees, $15 per class pre-entry, 12 classes Kat is eligble for), stalls are available at $20 per day, t-shirts available $10-$15 depending on size and sleeve length.  The ADT's are $40 entry, flat rate. Club membership is $25 per year.  The ADT's are usually hosted at different places around the state. Hopefully some are nearby, but not all of them are. This year they were as follows-
January- Sonoita
February- Apache Junction *
March- Coolidge *
May- Prescott
October- Paulden *
and November- Litchfield Park. *

The ones with stars are the events we attended. In the year end standings, we have 6 points and the leader has 8.  It could be a tie or I will remain in second, we just have to go out there and do our best... Either way, both of us have to move up to Training level next year, our times in the hazards will count and there is a lot of people in there to go up against.  I like to look at their scores now to see where and how ours compare. It gives me a good idea of how we are doing overall. But then every day, every show, every class... the horse has the opprotunity to either amaze everyone or pull something that will be remembered and talked about long after and keep us humble. 


4 comments:

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Thanks for reminding me. I wrote down the directions. At least the weather should be cool.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

wouldn't you be surprised if I showed up to cheer you on!!! I cannot , but I will be there in spirit ,think of me and remember "one Appaloosa two Appaloosa"(that way I know you will be smiling! or cussing)

phaedra96 said...

Best wishes to you and Kat...both of you have come so far and have done so well. Good horse, good trainer, good show.

Cut-N-Jump said...

NM- It was good seeing you there!

FV- I still worked it in there for you?

Phaedra- Thanks! We gave it our best.